Wednesday, March 15, 2006

'Don't Play God'

It really gets on my nerves when people say that, look at this

morons, has it not occurred to them that perhaps keeping someone alive on a ventilator who would, if man had not intervened in the natural order of things, be dead, constitutes playing god?

It was the same thing with the Terri Schiavo case (I just googled that I found that I spelt it right first time, go me.) There were all these godbotherers saying that it wasn't up to man to intervene in god's plans but, if that was what they really believed then why didn't they insist that she be allowed to die when she had the massive cardiac arrest 10 years previously.

I have no problem with people not wanting their loved ones to die, that's fair enough but why do they have to use the same dumb cliche without actually thinking about what it means.

it's a nice day though, so i can't sustain a full length rant, I'm going to the garden.