Thursday, April 05, 2007

The World is Clearly Insane

This is something that I've always suspected but recently the evidence has just been heaping up.

Look at this -


I'm not sure if you can see this on the screendump I took but I had to make sure that this wasn't lost the moment the things gets bought.

It is a bass that has been 'Relic-ed' That is fender make a Precision Bass then guys with acid and beltsanders come along and scrape off paint, corrode hardware, and generally make the thing look like it has been used lovingly for the last 40 years. It is the weapon of choice for the musician who wants to look like a road warrior without actually you know, having to give up his job as an accountant.

These things piss me off no end anyway, but this one is special.

If you look carefully you will see that this is in the 'Scratch and Dent' category - That's right, an instrument designed to look all manky and beat up has been reduced in price because it got scratched in transit.

I really hope this is just some kind of late april fools joke and not an omen of the coming apocalypse.

-Ben