Monday, February 18, 2008

A few links and pieces

First off, this cool short film:



Via Why, That's Delightful!

Second, I found this image when I was rummaging around in Wiki today (I'm researching a book on robotics, I was looking at Bomb disposal robots) It's a British soldier walking towards a suspected IRA bomb in northern ireland, back in the days before the robots.



It's not the highest quality, but a powerful piece of photojournalism.

The last point of order for tonight is This man.


Do I look like a killer to you? it's just that today, when I was out walking (in the sunny cold - so sunglasses and hat) I reached into my inside coat pocket to take out my MP3 player and a girl walking towards me flinched away with a momentary look of complete terror.

-Ben

I was going to try and take a better photo but then I realised that the overexposure is probably a pretty good emulation of the low winter sun.