Thursday, June 12, 2008

tube

Today I was standing on the tube, minding my own business. I was holding on to one of the rails above my head with my right hand, and holding my book in the other. As the train accelerated out of Moorgate station I swayed backwards a little, as one arm isn't quite enough to hold me completely steady - I wasn't going to fall over, nor did I move very far, but I did drift backwards a little. I felt the newspaper of the person behind me touch my back and then I felt four pointy fingers and one pointy thumb press into the small of my back and shove me forwards quite hard.

I stagger away from the person, thinking I must have been squishing them unintentionally, but look round questioningly as it was a really irritating and uncouth way of pointing this out (I didn't have my headphones in, they could have just said something) .

When I look round, what do I see but the hard scowling eyes of the angry woman from yesterday.

If this keeps up I'm going to have a nemesis soon.

-Ben