Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Ben and the Impending Doom

I'm currently writing my CV (In American; Resume) with a feeling of nervous apprehension about what this summer will hold in store for me. It seems likely, unless I suddenly discover a massive quantity of hard cash in the woods, that I'm going to have to spend the summer working in offices around London and sitting on the train up to london bridge all day. The alternative isn't particularly appealing either; sleeping away the summer in my room, playing computer games, drinking myself stupid (not that that takes much work) and generally wasting my time.

Bleh, I think I'm just suffering from the consequences of being an English student. The fact is that even if I'm frugal, spend only the bare minimum and manage to not go into my overdraft, I'll still finish my degree with about £10,000 of debt and a degree that gives me about the same employment prospects as someone who has the word Satan carved into their forehead and likes to go to job interviews naked (probably a slight exaggeration but hey, I'm feeling pretty screwed over by circumstance at the moment and want to be melodramatic today).

I should stop whining, plenty of people have it worse than me, probably just about everyone actually, come to think of it. I'm turning into one of those middle class whingers who believe that they are really hard up because Daddy can't buy them a new BMW. Erg.

Ooooh, Angst, angst! I'll just go and stand on this floor monitor...

*slaps self*

I'm going to go back to writing this CV - pretty hard to make it look good when you don't have any skills to speak of and very little work experience beyond sticking things through tills. Oh well, I'm going to have to show them something, I'm sure they see plenty worse than mine.

-Ben