Tuesday, July 19, 2005

No camera

I've one of those days where you sit there kick yourself for forgetting your camera. I went for a wander and ended up in the tarn (not literally, otherwise I would have got a bit wet) which is a sort of giant duck pond in a depression a few miles from where I live. I was walking down one of the rather overgrown and goose-shit-splattered paths - that place makes me want to take a shotgun to canada geese, horrible mean little shits that they are - when a heron walked out of a bush and stood about 3 feet in front of me looking ponderous as herons always do. It sat there and looked very regal and pretty for about a minute then shit on the path and flew up into a tree, it continued the task of staring at me from a safer position.

Huge bird, very cool.

But no camera.

Arses.

-Ben